Monday, December 3, 2012

The dark side of the web


I count myself very lucky in that I have only had one real experience with malware in the form of a Trogan Horse attack.

I had just visited Google images and searched for pictures comparing ants with termites, when one of the pictures I clicked on set off my Internet Security software's alerts.  I was able to request immediate action on dealing with this and then did a thorough scan of my entire computer for any residual nasties without any lasting, negative consequences.


However, this incident was enough to seriously scare me and I now only search/ click on images from reputable sites rather then just clicking on any image found in google images.  This is possibly one area that other people don't really think about when searching unlike with websites where you can get an idea if it is reputable.



No comments:

Post a Comment