Saturday, November 17, 2012

Productivity with RSS

Sigh, I must admit to not even looking at my feed reader since creating and briefly using it for Learning 2.0.

I was using Bloglines and although it was great to receive feeds of my choice which could be accessed anywhere I had internet access, I always found it extremely irritating that I could not delete the feeds once I had read them and decided I no longer wanted them.  It was possible to delete a feed subscription altogether but not an indivdual feed received. 

Despite searching I could not find any information in the help section about how to do this. Google Reader also didn't seem to offer this deletion option either and I so badly wanted to tidy up my feeds list!
-----------------------------------
I actually found it easier to simply subscribe to the most desired feeds via my Internet browser and only look at them when on the computer I had used to subscribe on.
--------------------------------
Using a Rss filter like Feedrinse is not required.  I find that when searching for the initial website to see if it has feeds, one can simply use good keyword searches and actually look at the site to be able to decide if it meets your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment